Title: Part-time Office Specialist
Classification: Part-time, Hourly (15 hours a week, flexible scheduling)
Compensation: $15 per hour
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Reports to: Communication and Development Coordinator
Start Date: October 2019
Arts Every Day is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented, team member with experience in nonprofit office work with excellent written and verbal communication skills. This is a flexible, part-time (15-20 hours/week) position with no additional benefits.
Administrative Support Responsibilities
- Contact Management, activity tracking, and communications;
- Provide assistance to Communications and Email Marketing teams with email campaigns;
- Answer phones in a professional manner, screen calls, direct calls to appropriate staff person or take accurate, complete messages when necessary;
- Maintain office supply inventory;
- Assist in scheduling meetings, preparing materials, send out calendar updates/invitations, reserve meeting space;
- Support Executive Director and Communications and Development Coordinator with data entry and filing.
- Assist with Annual Fund mailings, donation processing, database entry, and donor acknowledgement letters;
- Research current and prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors;
- Utilize Salesforce database to compile donor reports across various components – giving volume, geography, time period, etc;
- Support the Development Team with materials relevant to donor communications and grant applications.
Program Support Responsibilities
- Update invoicing/vendor databases with new accounts;
- Coordinate schools bus trip communications and tracking;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Detail-oriented organizational and analytical skills needed to proof and edit documents; effective writing ability necessary to prepare correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers, and visitors
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- A self-starter and ability to juggle competing priorities and work independently in a high-paced environment
- Critical thinker willing to look at situations from multiple angles
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and specialized databases to create and manage documents, reports, and logs
- Prior experience in nonprofit organizations, the arts, or arts management is a PLUS!
Preferred Software Proficiencies:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Mailchimp, e-newsletter platforms
- Salesforce or similar CRM (Customer Relationship Management System)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Office Specialist”. Applications received by September 30, 2019 will receive priority consideration.